Here you will find how TechBBQ collects your data: what type, what we do with it and how you can access and modify it.
Contact information of Data Controller
Address: Højbro Plads 10, 1200 København K, Danmark
What data do we collect?
TechBBQ collects the following data:
- Marketing opt-in or opt-out;
- Personally identifying information:
- First name;
- Last name;
- Email address.
- Any additional customer feedback and other information the User provides to us in correspondence.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide TechBBQ with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services;
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email;
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies;
- Filling out any form or opt-in on our site; create a user profile;
- Subscribe to our newsletter;
- Submit job applications and submissions.
TechBBQ may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Traffic analytics (e.g. Google);
- Facebook Pixel;
How will we use your data?
TechBBQ collects your data so that we can:
- Send transactional emails including, but not limited to: processing your order and managing your account.
- Send marketing emails when authorized including but not limited to special offers, newsletter and on other products and services we might consider relevant.
- For creating your attendee profile, accreditations and access to TechBBQ-branded platforms and apps (e.g. event matchmaking platforms).
- For job vacancies and other opportunities.
TechBBQ may share (always with your consent) your data with our partner companies strictly within the context of a specific event, whether digital or physical, so that these companies may contact you for the purpose of networking, matchmaking and/or other messages related to the offering of products and services.
The partners will always be listed as such on the event page of the specific event with which you are involved.
When TechBBQ processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Most personal data relating to a User’s user account with the TechBBQ Services will be deleted after a period of ten (10) years from the last use of the user account in question. TechBBQ will inform you on the oncoming deletion.
Thereafter, a part of the personal data relating to a User’s user account with the TechBBQ Services may be stored in case processing is required by law or is reasonably necessary for our legal obligations or legitimate interests such as claims handling, bookkeeping, internal reporting and reconciliation purposes.
TechBBQ may send you information about products and/or services of ours that may be relevant to you, as well as those of our partner companies, which will always be listed as such and disclaimed in all relevant communications.
If you have agreed to receive marketing or communications materials, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop TechBBQ from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other aforementioned third-party entities.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact:
What are your data protection rights?
TechBBQ would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access
You have the right to request TechBBQ for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification
You have the right to request that TechBBQ correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request TechBBQ to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure
You have the right to request that TechBBQ erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing
You have the right to request that TechBBQ restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing
You have the right to object to TechBBQ’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability
You have the right to request that TechBBQ transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technologies.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in;
- Understanding how you use our website.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – TechBBQ uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – TechBBQ uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. TechBBQ sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies?
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that TechBBQ has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Danish Data Protection Agency.
- More information on lodging a complaint can be found here.
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Datatilsynet,
Carl Jacobsens Vej 35